Usability is about the relationship between an interface and its ease of use. The idea is to make an interface, of any kind, feel natural and intuitive. There are many methods one can use to accomplish this, and a major one to consider is the 5 quality components.
- Learnability: how easy is it to accomplish basic tasks the first time.
- Efficiency: how quickly can a user perform tasks.
- Memorability: when a user returns, how easy is it for them to use the task again.
- Errors: how many errors does the user encounter upon their first visit.
- Satisfaction: how pleasant is it to use the design.